A View From The Handbasket

Monday, September 19, 2005
Lack of energy
Posted by neros_fiddle at 6:14 PM
I'm well into week two of 11-hour days at work, and six of them a week. So my blogging prowess is wilted. Much apologizings.

In the meantime, here's some cheery news from CNN:



It's going to be a long winter. The heat pump in our house barely keeps up when it goes below freezing, but looking at those NG prices, I'll count my blessings. Of course, electric will go up along with everything else, but a lot of electric generation around here is coal, which buffers us somewhat.

By the way, our buddy James Howard Kunstler, who I mentioned below, is pegging this winter as the onset of what I've called Scenario 5 - Complete Apocalypse. He says we won't recognize civilization in seven months. So let's get back together in March and see how we're doing. (Of course, if the Internet no longer exists, or I can't afford to access it, that'll pretty much answer that question by default.)

Light and fluffy chaser post promised soonish.

2 comments on this post
---------------------------------------