A View From The Handbasket

Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Mailbag
Posted by neros_fiddle at 9:48 PM
Arriving at Fiddle Global HQ today was an envelope with the following printed on the back:



Well, could you resist? I thought not. Inside was an awesome fold-out paper "prayer rug" that, the back said, was "Soaked with the Power of Prayer for you." (Yuck.) The reproduction below is from another site -- it's too big to fit in my scanner:



According to the instructions, I'm supposed to "Look into Jesus' Eyes you will see they are closed. But as you continue to look you will see His eyes opening and looking back into your eyes." Spooky! After that not-at-all-occult-like experience, I am to mail the prayer-soaked "rug" back to whence it came, along with this form:



I think I'll specify that I want the Lord to bless Elder Goble of Richmond with enhanced cognitive powers, or at least intelligence beyond that of lesser vertebrates:



I think that would qualify as giving me the desires of my heart.

0 comments on this post
---------------------------------------